Over 50 shops, restaurants, pubs and other firms are being invited to help start a local Slow Food group in the town.
Slow Food is an international organisation that links the pleasure of food with a commitment to community and the environment by promoting local, seasonal produce and reconnecting people with where their food comes from.
It is a not-for-profit movement in which local groups, run by volunteers, organise a variety of events alongside local food and drink producers and chefs.
Membership is open to individuals, however businesses and other organisations can also become Slow Food supporters and/or partners to help organise and promote group activities.
Each group determines its own aims and activities, which could include ideas such as:
- Helping to develop kitchen gardens in local schools
- Sensory taste education workshops for children and adults
- Local gastronomic tours: visits to local farms, food artisans, specialty stores and wineries
- Tastings and dinners to highlight local and/or heritage products in the area
- Running cookery classes and taste education courses
- Exchanges with other Slow Food groups
- Maintaining and promoting heritage foods and drinks
· If you are interested in learning more about how you can help, or would like to be kept informed of our progress, e-mail
email@example.com, or phone or text Sal on 07786 623802.
Organisers also want to hear from anyone in Llangollen who is already a member of Slow Food UK.