The castle courtyard took on a Middle Ages look as re-enactors in period costume, presided over by the colourfully dressed Lord of Misrule, strolled around stalls displaying armour or selling hot pottage, and warmed themselves beside roaring braziers.
Inside the chapel members of the re-enactment team told visitors about how Christmas was celebrated centuries ago and also performed a short medieval-style panto.
Youngsters had the chance to visit Santa Claus in his grotto, located next to the elves' workshop in the castle tower.
Inside the castle, the staterooms were wonderfully decked out in the style of Christmases past.
* The Lord of Misrule presides over the medieval scene.
* The castle courtyard takes on a medieval look.
* Inside the chapel mummers present a medieval-style panto.
* The nativity scene in the chapel.
* A dining room inside the castle decked out for the season.
* A cosy bedroom complete with glittering fireplace.