* North Wales Tourism managing director Jim Jones.
The Go North Wales Tourism Awards, which will also showcase local produce, aim to highlight excellence in the region’s high flying hospitality and tourism sectors.
The awards are being run by private sector body North Wales Tourism, in partnership with Heart FM, and will be handed out at a gala dinner on Thursday, November 24 at Venue Cymru, Llandudno. Heart FM presenters Spencer and Rachel will also be at the black-tie event.
* White water rafting is one of the many
activities on offer in North Wales.
Tourism already employs 40,000 people across North Wales - which adds up to one in every seven jobs in the area.
At the same time more than £100 million of mainly private sector money is currently being invested in tourism-related projects in the region.
North Wales Tourism managing director Jim Jones said: “These awards are all about celebrating everything that’s wonderful in North Wales.
“They will showcase and celebrate the achievements, hard work and dedication of the hundreds of entrepreneurs who run businesses in this area.
“Tourism and hospitality are worth millions to the economy of North Wales, with the value growing every year. Thousands of people already work in the industry across the six counties and there’s the potential to grow this, to enable more jobs to be created.
“We want people to nominate their tourism business, by demonstrating their success and showing how they offer an exceptional experience to visitors - one that makes people return time and again to North Wales.
“There are a wide range of categories because there are so many different providers in the tourism and hospitality sector in North Wales. It could include an adventure park, bike trail, hotel or B&B, a crowd-pulling event or festival, campsite, promotional campaign, or a new food or drink.
“There is also a Green Award as it is important that we safeguard this environment - we know visitors to North Wales come to enjoy the wonderful outdoors and we want future generations to continue to enjoy it.
“I am very grateful to those businesses that have agreed to sponsor the different categories - their support will help us to showcase the very best in North Wales.”
Nominations can be made via the website GoNorthWalesTourismAwards.net until October 23. A judging panel will then draw up a shortlist in each category, with the winners announced on November 24.
The categories are
- Best Attraction, sponsored by Contact Centre Cymru
- Best Food or Drink, sponsored by Celtic Holiday Park
- Best Accommodation, sponsored by Wrexham Lager
- Best Caravan, Camping or Glamping site, sponsored by Wrexham Destination Partnership
- Best Destination (town or area), sponsored by WR Davies Motor Group
- The Green Award, sponsored by Carbon Zero
- Best Use of Digital, sponsored by Cartrefi Conwy
- Best Newcomer, sponsored by Silver Birch Golf Club
- Tourism Business Innovation, sponsored by North Wales Economic Ambition Board
- Year of Adventure, sponsored by Arriva
- Magnificent Crowd Puller (audience over 7,500) sponsored by Powlsons
- Magnificent Crowd Puller (audience under 7,500), sponsored by North Wales Tourism.
The Awards evening on November 24 includes a gala dinner and award presentations followed by an evening of entertainment and dancing. Event tickets are available at a cost of £50 plus VAT per person or £500 plus VAT for a table to seat 10 guests.
To book by phone call 01492 539058 or visit GoNorthWalesTourismAwards.net