Denbighshire Leisure is continuing to upgrade its facilities across the county in 2017, including those in Llangollen.
Already Denbighshire facilities are placed amongst the best in Wales and Denbighshire leisure ‘buck the national trend’ by continuing to operate Leisure provisions and attractions successfully and commercially.
Significant investment in 2017 will include:
· The reopening of Denbigh Leisure Centre swimming pool following refurbishment of the wetside changing rooms and a complete overhaul of the pool hall. The hall has been completely retiled and a new translucent stretch ceiling fitted with LED uplights.
· Plans for the new waterpark on Rhyl Promenade, which, if approved by Council at the end of January, will be built and operated by Denbighshire Leisure.
· In spring, the All Weather Pitch at Corwen will have a new 3rd Generation pitch installed, this will be the first 3G pitch in the county and a huge opportunity for the Centre. At the same time, resurfacing/relining the car park will take place and replacement of all CV equipment in the Fitness Suite with brand new Technogym equipment, linking to the Cloud.
· Following customer feedback, this summer will also see investment in the wetside changing rooms at both Ruthin and Rhyl, both of which are in need of refreshment.
· Summer will see a new 3G pitch being installed at St Asaph as part of the new school project.
· Llangollen will also be benefitting from a refreshed fitness suite during the year.
Councillor Huw Jones, Cabinet Lead Member with responsibility for leisure, said: “I am delighted that Denbighshire Leisure continues to go from strength to strength and that our reputation for delivering high quality facilities to our communities endures.
“As always, we have focused on the areas that will bring clear benefits to our existing customers and also help to attract new customers to our centres.”